Looking to increase your views for Instagram reels? Well, you are not alone. As per statistics, more than 2 billion people and 25 million companies are searching for the same thing. That seems to be quite a big figure to deal with. So, how can you outperform such heavy competition? 🤔
Well, it’s not rocket science. All you need to have is a genius social media strategy on top of all other content creators. But how could you devise such a strategy? That’s exactly what we are going to explain in this article. Keep reading to learn 7 exclusive tips to increase your views on Instagram reels. 👀
7 Expert Tips to Increase Reach for Instagram Reels
The way the Instagram algorithm works is still a mystery for many. 🤨 Some get millions of viewers within minutes while others may not even have double-digit views. What’s the secret behind this? How do some videos get tremendous reach within minutes of posting? Here are some ways for that:
1. Catch them instantly
Remember this all the time. The first 3 seconds of your reel is the most crucial part. It will make the user decide whether he must continue viewing the reel. So, make it the best! 👌
Try to avoid general words like ‘Hi guys!’, since that trend is almost over. Instead, start with a hook and get right to the point. Placing a surprising image or gesture at the beginning is also a good way of attracting views. Here are some catchphrases that you could use at the beginning to grab the audience’s attention:
- You won’t believe what I just found out…😯
- I have a secret to share with you. 🤫
- Did you know that…🧐
- This one tip will blow your mind. 🤯
- Are you struggling with [problem]? 😓
Starting with a question or an unknown fact is the best idea that usually works out. You can have a look at other popular Instagram content creators and how they get started.
2. Use a trending audio track
Most content creators usually make the big mistake of ignoring the value of an audio track in their reel. 🎵 Many of them usually pick up a random one just for the sake of the others. However, audio tracks could be a great way to drive more audience to your reels.
But, how will you find a trending audio track for your reel? Well, here are some possible ways:
- Simply, click on the ‘trending’ button when you upload a reel and choose from the list of 50 top-trending songs. 🎧
- Check out your reels feed and take note of the names of the audio tracks of the most popular reels. ✍️
- Follow the Instagram Creator’s account. It is a great way to get updated with trending audio tracks and updates. 🔄
Along with this, focus on making your content more original by presenting yourself before the camera. This will create a sense of more connection and authenticity to your audience.
3. Account Optimization
Think of a website that aims to drive in more visitors. What do they do first? Optimize the home page, isn’t it? The same is the scenario with Instagram. Your profile is the first thing that users see. So, make sure that you create an impression out of it. Here are some simple ways to do that:
- Convert to an Instagram Business account: You might be wondering why content creators are switching to business accounts. The answer is that it has a lot of benefits. It will provide you with insights based on reach and overall performance so that you can optimize the upcoming content accordingly. On top of that, you can use the scheduling feature to schedule the posts in the peak time. ⏰
- Link your Bio: Your Instagram link can contain one link for redirection. This is one of the most underrated spaces on Instagram for marketing. Consider using links in bio tools like Link Tree, Taplink, and so on. 🔗
- Keyword Optimization: Just like websites, Instagram accounts also work with a search engine. So, optimize your bio with keywords relevant to your niche like ‘Copywriter’, ‘Physician’, ‘style influencer’, and so on. This way, you can generate more viewers for your account and increase your reach. 🤩
- Optimize your Username: Individuals usually include their username in the bold section of the bio. But the truth is that you could use this space in a much more efficient manner. For instance, you can use a keyword along with a user name like ‘Tom| Copywriter’ to increase your chances of getting visible at the top spot of the search engine. 🎯
4. Write Compelling Captions
A well-written caption can hook the user into your reel and keep his attention for at least 3 seconds. So, undoubtedly, the caption is a crucial part of your reel.
However, the idle length of a social media caption is still a matter of debate. As per stats, captions work better if they are longer than 2000 characters or when they are very short, under 20 characters. These are the two sides of the debate:
- The captions below the reels are quite tough to expand and read fully. So, favor putting shorter captions for user convenience.
- On the other hand, lengthy captions make it more discoverable to the Instagram search bar and thereby, help to improve the reach. And, if the reel is appearing on the home feed of your followers, it’s easy to read the full caption.
5. Read the Algorithm
Instagram algorithm is not as tough to crack as it seems if you put in a little effort to understand it. Basically, it promotes reels and posts as per the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the content. Some of the important metrics that the algorithm considers are:
- Follower Activity: The first thing that the algorithm considers is the activity of your followers such as how they engage with reels. Then, it understands the preferences of the followers and drops reels with similar interests on their home feed. 📲
- Reel Information: Next, the algorithm considers the content, audio, and organic reach of the Reel. The algorithm analyzes the pixels and frames of the Reel to understand what it is about and matches it with the user’s interests. 👩🏻
- Creator information: lastly, the algorithm checks out the account info with metrics like the number of followers, likes, and posts. It also considers how well you engage with other accounts on the platform.
6. Collaborate with Influencers
As mentioned above, the Instagram algorithm takes into account the engagement of your account with other users of the platform. One strategy to improve your account engagement is collaboration with influencers. And, the best part is that you can do this without breaking the bank. 🔨
All you need to do is just spend some time, for instance, 30 minutes per week to scout the influencers in your niche. Focus on finding micro-influencers with less than 50k followers as they can increase your reach within the budget. However, make sure that the influencer that you choose shares a similar follower base with you otherwise, you won’t have any benefit from the collaboration. Here are some additional tips:
- Figure out your terms and conditions of collaboration before making the payment. 💵
- Make a discount coupon exclusively for your collaboration plan. 🤝🏻
- Monitor key metrics after the collaborations to measure the effectiveness. ↗️
- Consider collaborating with influencers who have a similar following as you to create a mutually beneficial plan without involving any money. 📑
7. Connect with your audience
One of the best ways to improve your reach on Instagram is to increase your connection with the viewers. 🤛🏼 Users always prefer creators who engage with them. So, as a content creator, you must utilize all the possible features of the platform to connect with the audiences. Here are some ways that you can consider:
- Create a Broadcast Channel: Nowadays, most content creators are creating broadcast channels to drive more reach to their accounts. This way, you can share your new reels with thousands of viewers directly with just a click. Sounds too good to be right, isn’t it? 😉
- Reply in comment sections: It’s always a good idea to encourage your followers to engage with your content by adding a call-to-action at the end of your video. For instance, you could ask them to share their thoughts or opinions in the comment section. This will not only make your followers feel involved but also help you to improve your organic reach. ✌️
- Respond to DMs: Yes, even your inbox has a role in the reach of your reels. Engaging with your followers in the DM will make the algorithm push forward your content more to their home feeds. 🤳
- Be active: Well, this is not a proven point. However, many beginners have reported increased reach when they are active in the comment section by instantly replying for the first hour of reel posting. ↩️
What is a good reach of an Instagram Reel?
Well, the idle reach of your reel totally depends upon your account and the kind of video you create. It is quite difficult to estimate an idle reach. However, as per statistics, here are some figures that you might be interested in:
- Accounts with a follower base of between 500 and 2000 are likely to have a reach rate as high as 152%.
- The reach rate of content creators with 2000 to 10,000 followers may drop to 76%.
- Creators who have a high followers list of from 10,000 to 50,000 might see a reach rate of 85%.
How often should you post Reels to increase the reach?
This also seems to be quite a difficult question to give a direct answer to. ” Two feed posts per week and two stories per day,” this is what Adam Mosseri, Head of Instagram, responded to a similar question. However, this is not an official statement and there are contradictory views on the same topic.
Some experts recommend posting between 4 to 7 reels per week for better reach. The best answer to this question is that the frequency of content depends upon the industry. So, it is better to check with the competitors in the same field.